Thursday, October 2, 2008

So IC's got this issue...

Compulsiveness. Bad compulsiveness. Like, pit bull style.

One of the things he got on today (yup, the first of several) was cell phone watches. He spent the better part of 2 hours looking them up on the internet (he really doesn't have much to do yet) while yelling out the specs on everything he was finding. Much like IR, he peppers normal speech with unnecessary exclamations such as "SO awesome!", "SO cool!" etc etc. So he found this one he really liked (I could tell because he went quiet), spent a little bit reading whatever he could about it, then trotted back into the shop to tell me about it. Now, I'm working and have no time for this happy horseshit, so at first I ignore him as he starts...

IC: "Dude! Did you hear about the new cell phone they've got?
It's SO cool!
It's a WATCH!
It's got games, touch screen, 3 bands, ebook reader, GPS, SO awesome!, and the talk time, get this, is TWO HUNDRED HOURS!"

Me: Turning slowly from my desk... "Two. Hundred. hours."

IC: "YEAH! It's SO awesome!"

Me: "No."

IC: "Dude! Seriously! Two Hundred Hours! I just read it on the internet, I swear, two hundred hours!"

***Something else about IC. If it's on the internet, it's DEFINITELY true. You all think of it as a joke, but he honestly believes it!***

Me: "No. You understand a normal cell phone, even a very good one, has about 200, maybe 300 MINUTES of talk time? But you're gonna tell me that a watch, with it's little watch battery is somehow 10 times more efficient than those?"

IC: "Don't ask me how they did it, they just did!"

Me: Turns back to my work with a heavy sigh.

No comments: