Thursday, October 2, 2008

And this time it was.....

Yesterday morning IC was late again. His phone call at 8:40am (8:30 is report to work time) went something like this...

*Ring*

Me: "Hello?"

IC: "Hey. It's IC. I'm gonna be.. well, I'm already late but it's gonna take me a little longer because I locked my keys in the house."

Me: "Is the stove on too?"

IC: "Huh? No, I just locked the keys in there. I gotta find a way to break in to get'em."

Me: "O-o-o-o-o-k."

*Click!*

When he got to work (about 8 minutes later, and he lives about 10 minutes away, hmm...) I asked him what he broke to get his keys. He answered by explaining that he broke into his neighbor's apartment, climbed into his attic and broke through the partition between the units.

Holy Shit. Even though it DIDN'T happen, it's the thought that he so casually described breaking and entering and destruction of private property as if it was something normal.

No comments: