Thursday, October 9, 2008

The IC was "" <--that close, to being fired just now...

Ole IC's been handing customers 2 copies of their check-in tickets for the last couplea weeks, and I've heard several of them ask "Why do I need 2?" at which point he mumbles something incoherent and adds "we just give you 2.".

Today, another customer stated plainly "I don't need 2 copies of the same thing, do I?" and IC did his normal routine. So, once she had left I decided to ask IC about this...

Me: "I've been wondering why you give every customer 2 copies of that ticket. Is there some specific reason?"

IC: "mumble mumble if they sign 2, they get 2, mumble mumble."
*Note* they do indeed sign 2 copies, one for the register and one to put with the equipment.

Me: "But there's no reason that they need 2 copies of the same piece of paper. Just throw the 2nd one away."

IC: "But I don't want to overload my trashcan."

Me: "and customers don't want you overloading thier pockets, either."

IC: "But if they sign 2 copies, they should get 2 copies because what if they come back and say "I never got a copy of that!" then they could sue us or something!"

Me: "................................................ WHAT???"

IC: "They could come back here and claim that we never gave them a copy of both things they signed and we'd be able to protect ourselves because we know how many we printed!"

Me: "............................................................................................................ WHAT???? How can you EVER prove that you even gave them even ONE copy? All they have to say is "You never gave me anything", not that it'll mean a damned thing since the copy we give them doesn't matter to us at all. It has NO IMPACT on what we do or how protected we are. We have their signed reciept and that's the ONLY part that matters from a legal or business standpoint.
So, we are not giving out 2 receipts at check-in to the customers."

IC: "Well, actually, the owner told me to."

Me: "Then I'll call the owner and set him straight on it. It's ridiculous that you are going to sit here and argue about some made up crap."

IC: "I'M NOT MAKIN IT UP!"

Me: *picks up phone and starts dialing*

IC: *WIDE-EYED* Apparently he didn't think I'd do it....

So, after hanging up the phone with the annoyed owner who stated that no such order was ever given and he didn't understand where that idea would've come from, I passed along the info to IC.

IC: "He changed his mind, huh?"

Me: "No, he didn't change his mind."

IC: "Well, I'll talk to him about it later."

Me: "You do that."

No comments: