Thursday, October 2, 2008

Left the WHAT on??

I had to make this the first post, only cause it's the funniest. IC works at the counter in the shop I manage, and is habitually tardy getting to work in the morning. The usual excuses are either "I just woke up." or nothing at all. Well, a few mornings ago I got this call. I'll type it in exactly as it was said...

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's IC, I'm running a little late cause I just wo.. I left the stove on at home and I have to go home and turn it off. So that's why I'm late, cause I have to go home and turn the stove off. Can't believe I left the stove on, but I'll be there as soon as I turn it off. OK?"

"O-o-o-o-o-k. (suppressed laughter)" *click*

I'll swear here and now that I haven't heard anyone use the old stove routine for probably 20 years.

No comments: