Monday, October 6, 2008

Oh man..... This was ridiculous.

The back door here is a little hard to lock. It's got a throw bolt besides the normal lock on the knob and it doesn't line up too well so you have to work at it to get it locked all the way.

I know this. IC knows this. Apparently today he decided he was tired of having to work at the throw bolt and figured if he slammed the ever-loving-crap out of the door it would help it.

It didn't.

It did however, help my mood when a part of the exit sign fell off smackin him on top of his head.

I didn't say a word, I just sat here with bleeding lip trying to keep from laughing uproariously. After about 10 seconds, I hear this...

IC: "All I did was shut the door and the exit sign broke." (Like I wasn't sitting 10 FEET AWAY AND HEARD THE WHOLE THING!)

Me: "You did quite a bit more than just shut it."

IC: "Well, I was just trying to make the lock work."

Me: "Ripping the door from it's hinges was going to help something?"

IC: "Well, it didn't work."

Me: "I'd say not."

No comments: